CXO Staffing, the iconic brand best known for creating providential relationships with clients and candidates, turned one year old on October 1st. To celebrate our birthday, we wanted to provide a bit of feedback regarding what we've learned in the last 12 months, who we would like to thank, and how you can get involved with CXO in the next 12 months and beyond.
What We've Learned
Over the last 12 months, we've learned a tremendous amount about life, business, and entrepreneurship. Here are a few key takeaways:
- Redeeming the time: Time slips away from us so easily, yet we are called to focus our energy towards being disciplined and productive with each minute- not just in getting things done, but in getting the right things done. Learn to number your days.
- Absolute truth: In both recruiting and life, the slightest variation from the truth always comes back to haunt you. You don't need a great memory if you always tell the truth.
- Character: Character is the will to do what is right, regardless of personal cost. True character is revealed during hardship.
- Focus on being positive in all situations. Understand that anxiety comes from unmet expectations and that anger comes from unmet demands.
- Talk/words: Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Eph 4:29)
- Punctionality: In Atlanta, traffic is always an issue but rarely a valid excuse. :)
Who we would like to thank
CXO has been tremendously successful over the last 12 months and we have a ton of people to thank. For starters, here are a few groups in which we're especially grateful.
- Our Father in Heaven: For everything Thy goodness sends, Father in heaven, we thank Thee.
- Family: The CXO extended family has been extremely supportive and gracious. We couldn't have made it without you.
- Clients: Thank you for your confidence in our work and your trust in CXO.
- Candidates: To all the candidates that we've met with in the last 12 months, we salute you!
- Friends of CXO: You know who you are. Thank you very much.
- Small groups: Our biggest thanks to our small groups at Buckhead Church (www.buckheadchurch.org) and our mentoring group (www.nextgenmentoring.com).
How you can help
We are so glad you asked. There are several things that you can do to help CXO as we close down 2010 and prepare to come out fighting in 2011.
- Introduce us to a potential client that needs to make a strategic hiring decision: A referral to a company that is hiring is the fire that fuels our business.
- Introduce us to a rockstar candidate: Even if the person is not currently looking for a new opportunity, we specialize in helping people envision career path, goals, and objectives.
- Support one of the organizations in which we're involved:
Thank you again for a great first year!